Referee Payment Information
Game rates for the 2022 Spring Season
BAYS referee game rates for the 2022 Spring Season are as follows:
|Center Referee Grade 12 (11v11)
|Center Referee Grade 11 (11v11)
|Center Referee Grade 9-12 (7v7)
|Center Referee Grade 8 (11v11)
|Center Referee Grades 5, 6 (9v9)
|Center Referee Grades 3, 4 (7v7)
|Line Referee Grade 11, 12
|Line Referee Grade 8
|Line Referee Grade 5, 6 (9v9)
NOTE: Please refer to the Pay History dropdown under your My BAYS-->Referee->Pay History for your payments due. Line referee positions other than those listed above are paid by the town program, not BAYS.
Completed game reports, the final but key part of your game assignment, must be filed by 11/30 in each Fall season and by 6/30 in each Spring season to receive your referee payment. The game report submission system will be closed on those dates. Payments for games without a completed game report are not due, as the full assignment was not completed.
Generally BAYS-paid roles will be paid in three payment cycles during each season: After Week 4, after Week 8, and then a final payment cycle after the season game submission deadline of either June 30 or November 30. Payments will be made only for games with submitted game reports by the time the particular payment cycle is generated. Payments for town-paid positions are made directly by each town club and will have a different payment schedule. Check with your club referee assignor for details.
Required pay forms must be completed prior to BAYS processing any referee payments. Click here to find the forms: https://www.bays.org/content/referee-required-pay-forms.
You can log into your BAYS account and look on your Pay History page below your name/address to see your current BAYS Payment Method, which will be one of the following: ACH : Missing ACH Form : Incomplete Forms.
- Process for ACH Payments:
- When an ACH payment has been processed, an email acknowledgment with the subject line: ACH Payment - SX Business will be sent from Yardi, an automated system, to the individual referee email listed in the SX system alerting you that an impending ACH payment will be deposited to the bank account you provided. Note: this may be your parent's bank account, so ask them too.
- BAYS ACH payments come directly from SX Business and are listed on your bank transaction history as a disbursement from SX Business.
- Log into your My BAYS ->Referee->Pay History to see the game details for the ACH deposit amount total.
- If you do not receive your direct deposit within 48-72 hours of the email notification, please contact
. Depending on your bank, some payments may take even longer.
- Note on Paper Check Payments: (no longer a payment method selection for referees)
- 1099 Tax Forms:
- SX will mail out any 1099 tax forms directly to any referee who earns more than IRS threshold of $600.00 during a calendar year.